Before using the new Easy nappies by bambooty please prewash to remove any manufacturing residues. Also soaking the nappies in water overnight seems to help build up the absorbency in the nappies. Keep in mind that bamboo takes up to 8 washes to maximise its absorbency. We do not suggest that all 8 need be done prior to using the nappies, however please keep this in mind.
Bambooty recommends to keep nappies in a dry lidded nappy bucket until a load for washing has accumulated. There is no need for dangerous buckets of water full of chemicals around the house.
Wet nappies can be placed straight in the dry bucket although saturating them with a nappy/toilet sprayer/bidet or under the tap will increase the longevity of your nappies as wee is very acidic (actually alkaline, but has an acidic affect on fabrics) and will wear the fabrics and elastic faster.*
Soiled nappies are very similar. Simply dispose of your nappy liner if using one, tip rolling poos straight into the loo or rinse off the poo by using a toilet/nappy sprayer/bidet or tap water, and saturate before placing in your lidded nappy bucket.
Washing is easy.
- Throw in some powdered detergent (don’t over do it to start with, less is more for your pocket and the environment, do add more though if you need to)
- Do not use bleach, fabric softeners, or vinegar
- Do not use products containing enzymes
- Pre-rinse, particularly soiled nappies
- Suede cloth is stain resistant and any residing stains are best treated by the sun only
- Tip – baking soda increases pH, neutralises odours and breaks down residues which may be causing leaks and unwanted smells. Use it ocassionally in the wash, in the dry nappy bucket, or as a separate wash for nappies with a residual stink, if needs be. Regular use may lead to a shortened life span of your nappies.
The sun is the best, however if drying nappies in the sun is not possible gas or electric dryers can be used. Gas dryers are faster and cost less to run.